Aluminium offers a wealth of possibilities for architectural applications. It is a lightweight and sustainable alternative to other materials due to its:
- Good strength-to-weight ratio
- Exceptional fire resistance
- Excellent surface finish which can be tailored to the requirements of each application
- High degree of flatness, important for facades and other large surfaces
- Optimised corrosion resistance
- Long-term durability without maintenance.
Aludium produces semi-finished and finished paint stock in coils, sheets, and strips which our customers typically use to create:
- Sun-protection systems
- Lighting for interiors and exteriors
Aludium also offers specialty products for interiors including our Decorandum® and Texturandum (patent pending) product lines. Both can add a sophisticated, modern, and unique touch to architectural applications. Lightweight, cost-effective and easy to work with, Decorandum® and Texturandum (patent pending) are the perfect solution for designers and architects who want to create a contemporary, modern look.
Aludium’s product range is available in a mill finish or as a treated surface ready for anodising or use as paint stock. Aludium’s solutions for architectural applications can easily be formed into cassettes, composite and sandwich panels, profiles, or roofing shingles.
Cindal R&D is Aludium’s dedicated centre of expertise for aluminium alloys, processes, and finishes. If you are considering lightweighting or improving your products, researchers from Cindal can work with you to co-engineer and develop lightweight new solutions. Contact us today to find out how we can help.