Decorandum® offers design innovation for architects and designers
Decorandum® is an innovative and cost-effective finishing solution which adds a sophisticated and modern touch to building and construction applications such as:
- Facades for houses, offices or showrooms
- Shutters and blinds
- Interior finishes for kitchens or domestic appliances.
Aludium’s Decorandum® range includes five different finishes which mimic the look and feel of stainless steel. Unlike stainless,Decorandum® is very light, making it easy to form and mount, particularly in large-scale applications such as facade panels.
Decorandum® is finished in our specialised mills to reduce the need for further processing and speed-up production. Available finishes include:
- Decorandum® D10: The smoothest finish for a precious look that can be applied almost everywhere.
- Decorandum® D30 and D30V: Combines the roughest finish with medium track lines to provide a sparkling and flashy appearance. In D30V, the medium track lines achieved during brushing are much more vivid.
- Decorandum® D50 and D50V: Guarantees an elegant, classic appearance thanks to its smooth finish and the longest track lines. Again, D50V offers a more vivid finish than D50.
We spoke with Dr Salvador A. Marcilla Gomis, Aludium’s R&D Director and head of Cindal, to find out why Decorandum® was developed and the how he sees the evolution of this remarkable product. Read more.