Aludium’s automotive trim products lead the decorative finishes market due to their consistent high surface quality and unbeatable response to bright, anodised, and lacquered surface treatments.
Our products are used by automotive designers to create lightweight, functional and aesthetic parts for interior and exterior applications such as:
- Dashboard and interior trim
- Door elements
- Hood ornamentation
- Roof rails.
All of our automotive trim products are available with:
- Finishes including: bright; industrial and commercial bright; fine; and grand brilliant.
- Surface textures which can be tailored to the requirements of individual carmakers.
Aludium also offers two patented products which can be used to create unique automotive interior finishes without the need for costly hand labour. They include:
- Decorandum® – Aludium’s innovative, lightweight, and cost-effective alternative to stainless steel. Available in five different surfaces, Decorandum® is finished in our specialised mills so it is ready to use on delivery. Click here to view the technical details of Decorandum®.
- Texturandum (patent pending) – Using this technology, any well-defined pattern can be applied to the aluminium. That can include natural patterns such as leather, honeycomb, and elephant skin, or geometric patterns like carbon-fibre or a chequer board. Even graphical elements such as logos or characters can be applied. Click here to view the technical details of Texturandum.
The metallurgical structure of Aludium’s products facilitates the drawing, forming and assembly processes required for automotive trim applications. These properties are achieved through the application of Aludium’s advanced manufacturing technology and the use of high-purity alloys.
With its extensive experience and range of prototyping equipment, Aludium’s Cindal R&D centre is available to assist automotive trim manufacturers in the design and optimisation of automotive trim products. For example, Cindal R&D can advise automotive trim designers how to apply thin layers of aluminium to plastic parts. Not only does this give the plastic parts the look and feel of aluminium, it offers carmakers a lighter and cost-effective alternative to full aluminium.
See below to find out more about Aludium’s portfolio.
|COLD ROLLED COILS, STRIPS AND SHEETS for AUTOMOTIVE TRIM|
|1050, 1070, 5005, 5505, 5657, 3103, 8014||Decorandum® , Texturandum, Industrial bright, Bright, Commercial bright, Fini Brillant, Grand Brillant,
|O, H2x, H1x|
|Format||Thickness (in mm)||Width (in mm)|
|Strip & Sheet||0.3 – 1.0 mm||46 – 1500 mm|